- Welcome to the SuperCard FAQ
- What is SuperCard?
- What is SuperEdit?
- What is the Project Editor?
- What is Roadster?
- How do I Learn SuperCard?
- What is Marionet?
- What is FlameThrower?
- Who is Solutions Etcetera?
- Product History
- Where can I get my SuperCard questions answered?
- Where can I find examples of SuperCard projects?
- Is there a Macintosh Player for SuperCard?
- How do I run my projects on Windows?
- Is a PowerPC-native version available?
- Are there any good third-party books on SuperCard?
- Where can I find XCMDs/XFCNs for SuperCard?
- What are the differences between Director and SuperCard?
- What are the features highlights in version 3.0?
- Why didn't I receive an upgrade notice?
- What is the SuperCard distribution policy?
- What is the maximum number of objects I can have in a project?
- What are user properties and why are they cool?
- How do I convert my HyperCard stacks to SuperCard?
- How close are SuperTalk and HyperTalk?
- How do I implement sharedText background fields in SC?
- What is the learning curve for a HyperCard user?
- What are the HyperCard features that are not supported by SuperCard?
- Is SuperCard faster than HyperCard?
- Will my XCMDs/XFCNs in HyperCard work properly in SuperCard?
- What problems are there, if any, importing HC stacks?
- How does the message hierarchy differ from HyperCard?
- What are some other differences between HyperCard and SuperCard?
- In a nutshell, what are the advantages of SuperCard over HyperCard?
- How can my project tell if SuperCard is running in the background?
- What is the limit of a project size?
- Can I open multiple projects simultaneously?
- What is affected when a project is locked?
- How do I center my windows on screen?
- How do I hide the drag bar of a palette window?
- What is the benefit of using the new Dialog Management Engine?
- How do I create a "backdrop" window?
- How do I make one window stay on top of other windows all the time?
- Will SuperCard resize the window when running on a smaller monitor?
- How do I add color to text?
- What is the difference between penFore, penBack, fillFore and fillBack?
- How can I avoid the flash that appears when I open a card with a new CLUT?
- How do I import a graphic with more than 8 bit?
- Can I do color visual effects?
BUTTONS, FIELDS & GRAPHICS
- Can I get more than 32K of text into a field?
- How do I get a masked PICT to stay masked when I import it?
- Why do some of my images look distorted when I import them to pictureData?
- Which graphics file format is better for importing scanned images?
- What is the best way to bring in a PhotoShop image?
- Why does a color field turn to opaque white when the scroll bar is active?
- Can I bring color icons into SuperCard?
- How can I create a polygon from a script?
- How do I play a QuickTime movie?
- Can I play sound while a QuickTime movie is running?
- How do I play a QT movie play with the controller showing?
- Why won't my QuickTime movies play?
- How do you create hierarchical popup menus?
- How do you create a Font menu?
- How do you create an Apple menu?
- How can I print a report in SuperCard?
- Why do the Page Setup dialogs appear when I print?
- How to I print out the contents of a text field?
- How do I change the font attributes for a text chunk?
- Can I remove resources from standalones to make them smaller?
- How do I prevent the end-user from editing scripts?
- What are the things that need to be taken care of when making a standalone?
- How do I make sure that my standalone will use the same fonts as it is created?
SELECTED SCRIPTING INFO
- How do I create a default expression for "switch" statements?
- What is a pathname?
- When do I need a pathname?
- How can I create a "Save As" item for my project?
- Where can I get info on ResEdit?
- How do I get SuperCard to recognize stuff in my project's resource fork?
- How do I record my own sounds?
- Is it OK to install fonts in projects?
- I'm going to try installing the fonts anyway, do I use ResEdit?
- Where are my resources after converting a HyperCard stack to SuperCard?
- Why does SuperCard store resources in both the data and resource forks?
- Where can I find an XCMD/XFCN to do such-and-such?
- How can I program my own externals?
- Could you tell me how to use a database management system with SuperCard?
BUGS AND PROBLEMS
- Help! I lost my password.
- Can I use the older Runtime Editor with SuperCard 3.0?
- LISTING OF SUPERCARD-RELATED VENDORS, PRODUCTS, INFO, ETC.